Google Tag Manager is a Big, Fat, Free Present for Marketers – Here’s WhyFran Jakubowicz
Way back in December of 2012 Google gave Digital Marketers a big, fat, free present in the form of Google Tag Manager (GTM).
Agencies rely on lots of third party tools to track marketing efforts, from Google Analytics to Facebook Pixels and beyond. If you’re code adverse like many marketers you rely on your developer to handle these requests which end up bottle-necked by more urgent priorities the developer has on his or her plate.
- Facebook Pixels
- HeatMap and Session Recording Tools
- Call Tracking Tools
- Live Chat
- Affiliate Code
- You get the picture
Why You Need to Start Using Google Tag Manager Now
1. GTM completely minimizes the need to edit website code. Creating a tag requires no programming knowledge and it’s super easy to set up (think cut and paste). As well, this now means that all code can be managed from one place.
3. GTM can also improve site speed. If your site is overloaded with code your site loads more slowly, simply stated – and this might impact your site showing up in the SERPs. According to Peep Laja from conversionxl :
- 47% of people expect pages to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 57% abandon pages taking 3 seconds or more to load.
- 8% of people report slow page load as a reason for purchase abandonment.
SunHouse Marketing has Generated Thousands of Leads and Millions in Sales For Our Clients